|WARM focuses on safety-related repairs and accessibility upgrades. WARM does not complete remodeling or beautification projects.Typical repairs include:
- Roof repair
- Ceiling and sheetrock repair
- Floors/subflooring repair
- Heating and air conditioning
- Plumbing repairs for kitchen and bathroom
- Electrical repairs
- Window/door repair and replacement
- Wheelchair ramp construction and repair
- Stairs and landing construction
- Installation of water heaters and other appliances
The first step is to call WARM at 910.399.7563 to discuss your qualifications.The homeowner completes an application (downloadable file on this page, left-hand column) and submits the application with the required documentation.
Before applying, please make sure you meet these 4 basic requirements.
Please note that meeting these basic requirements does not guarantee the request will be granted. Our personnel will review every application and visit the home to determine if the rebuild falls within the scope of WARM’s mission and capabilities.
- Applicant must own and occupy the home in need of repairs.
- Home must be located in Brunswick, New Hanover, or Pender County.
- Total household income must fall at or below 50% of their county’s median income. (Once income verification is submitted, WARM staff will compare against HUD data)
- Repairs requested must address threats to safety, accessibility, or health.
Due to limited resources, we cannot help everyone who is eligible.
Once the homeowner and rebuild are approved, the rebuild will be scheduled based on priority and availability of resources. Roof repairs are contracted out, but almost all other work will be completed by volunteers from our community or beyond. Licensed professionals will be contracted according to building codes.